To order a DNA kit, follow these steps:
1) Email or call ASA with this information:
- ASA registration number*
*If animal is unregistered we will need the tattoo, sex, sire and dam’s registration numbers
- If you wish to have the GGP-HD testing ran the animal must be registered/on file with ASA in order for a kit to be sent
- Testing you wish to have done
i.e., GGP-HD, parent verification, genetic defects, horned/polled, coat color, dilutor, etc. Click Here for pricing list.
- You can fill out the DNA kit request form and email/fax/mail it to ASA with the above information which we will use to generate your kits. Click here for the pdf version.
2) If you have a blood blotter(lab prefers) or hair collector on hand for the sample, we will need the above information in addition to the barcode off of the card. We can then generate the paperwork to go along with your sample to GeneSeek. The only animals that should not use a blood blotter card are twins and requests for BVD-PI testing.
Remember, if you mail a sample to the lab, GeneSeek, without proper ASA paperwork it will delay the animal being placed in to testing and you could be accessed additional fees.
If you have any questions let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.