Quite a bit has been going on this week for Total Herd Enrollment(THE). Read on for an overview of what all has happened and if you’re a Fall calving herd(July 1-December 31) what needs to be submitted over the course of the next few months.
- If you were enrolled in Fall 2014 THE and only paid half of your enrollment fees up front, on Monday, April 13, we sent out the second half billing. If you receive an invoice regarding THE, that is what it is for.
- If you have Fall calving females that will have a calf between July 1 and December 31, 2015, it is time to submit your Fall 2015 THE inventory. Fall enrollment is open now until June 15, 2015. To view online enrollment instructions, click here, or use the tear out insert located in your April issue of the Register magazine. If you have any questions about how to get started after reading through the instructions, give us a call and we’d be more than happy to assist you. Read through some of the Frequently Asked Questions below.
- If you were enrolled in Spring 2014 THE and haven’t turned in all of your calf data/dam productivity codes yet, there will be a non-compliance hold on your account until that data gets updated. To check if you are in compliance, follow the steps outlined below under, Two Ways to Check if Your Account is in Compliance. If your account is not in compliance with THE reporting requirements, you will experience holds on data reporting, registration and transfers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Why do I have dams listed on a Fall inventory, if my females only calve in the Spring?
Answer: Somehow dams ended up on a Fall list for you. This could possibly be the result of one of the following:
- When you enrolled your Spring 2015 dams, you placed a primary code 2 or 3 on the dam, therefore moving her to Fall 2015.
- You purchased her from someone who had her listed on a Fall inventory previously.
If this happens to you, either call 406.587.4531 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be more than happy to move her back to Spring 2015 for you.
Question: If my dam was supposed to calve in Spring 2015 but now she will calve with my Fall herd, how do I move her to Fall?
Answer: Add her to the bottom of your Fall 2015 THE inventory by her ASA number and assign her a primary code of 0. Depending on which option you enrolled her in for Spring 2015, i.e., if you enrolled in Option A and paid the fees due, when you reach the checkout screen it will be crediting you $15.00 as well as invoicing $15.00.
Question: I have heifers that will turn 2 in Fall 2015 but they will not calve until Spring 2016, how do I handle these?
Answer: If you intentionally held them over to calve in Spring 2016, place a primary code 2, use the same enrollment option as your other registered females. If you enroll in Option A, you will see a $15.00/dam fee charged for these heifers, however, ASA issues a credit for any first calf heifers moved from Fall to Spring, so you will receive that money back.
Do you have a question not answered above? Call 406.587.4531 or email email@example.com and we can add it to our list.
Two Ways to Check if Your Account is in Compliance
Option 1) Log-in to Herdbook, go to Data Search, select Special Reports
From the left hand side, select Total Herd Enrollment
Half way down the selection, choose Enrollments by year
Type in a year to Enroll Year(in this case you would use 2014)
You can also type in Season, capital S for Spring or F for Fall. If you leave the season blank it will bring in both
spring and fall calving females.
Hit Get Results
It will load you a list of enrolled females. You need to look over to the far right, to the column labeled
Prodvty(productivity). If there’s a number filled in that column, the dam either has a calf reported or a productivity code(1-12) for the calendar year and as long as there is a number in that column, it satisfies the reporting requirement.
Option 2) Log-in to Herdbook, go to Data Search, select Special Reports
From the left hand side, select Animals
3/4 of the way down the list, choose Performance Advocate
Select Animal data submitted
Type in the Enrollment Year (in this case you would use 2014)
Enter in Season, capital S for Spring or F for Fall.
Hit Get Results
The report will display all the information you have reported thus far. Dams listed at the bottom without calf
data or a productivity code are the ones you need to focus on.
For more information on how to report this data, follow the steps outlined in the 2014 calf data reporting post.